Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Love You, (Enter Name).

Yesterday I did not post. To be quite simple about my justification, I was distracted. A friend of mine introduced me to a website known as "chatroulette". It's quite plainly a chat-room that connects you to a completely anonymous stranger that also happens to be online when you are. The beauty of the website is that both members are able to switch their chat-partner (with another random person) at any time. I'm not usually interested in these kinds of networking sites, but I was very fascinated with the concept. It was evident from the site's popularity that people enjoy "clicking" through people, like television channels, until they find a group of young females at a sleepover, or perhaps a teenage male exposing his abdomen (whatever floats their boat). Do people have such short attention spans, that relationships will soon be reduced to minutes?  I have enough faith to believe that no matter how many people join the chatroulette, there will still be plenty of fish in the physical sea. I just arrived home from a dinner at Wendy's with a large group of my good friends, and though I am a bit of an isolationist, I'm never happier then when I'm around people. I'm not condoning the website in anyway. The people on the other ends of the chats are real people, and I will probably continue to visit the website because... well, I'm fascinated with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment