Monday, April 11, 2011

Empty Soup Cans

I'm always amused by the endings of those romantic movies where the couples get married and the final shot is their car driving off into the sunset. The cliche, itself, has become a cliche. I've often wondered what I would see if the film was stretched just a few minuets longer, revealing what happens to the couple as they drive away. Did no one remember that the sun, though setting, is very bright and often considered a pain to drive straight into? How does the groom see where he's going when he's blinded? Even more unsettling then the previous notion, does the couple actually know where their going? If they're driving into the sun-set, that means they have to be heading west, which, in America at least, is never a good idea. Maybe they just keep going until they run out of gas and walk to the nearest hotel (which can easily be the exposition to a horror film). Regardless of where they're going, I also wonder what the new couple talk about to pass the boring time. It seems like it would be almost awkward:
"So.... I guess we're married now!"
"Yeah.... Cool."
I'm sure the experience is wonderful in reality, but when my day comes, we're playing Eye Spy.

No comments:

Post a Comment