Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Last Hours of Spring Break

Let me start by saying that- and this is not to be taken generally, but specifically for the following story -it was all a girl's fault. There is a bean-sized scar on the superior side of my wrist that I received just a few days more then a year ago. Funny how somethings never go away, while the rest of your memory is as solid as vapor. What did I have for dinner last night? It was a skateboarding accident that gave me the scar. I'm not usually found on a longboard, hence the scar, hence why I'm not usually found on a longboard. But I was talked into the fatal adventure, yes, by said 'girl'. The hill was a few paces from her house. I remember yelling the word "bail" before jumping, as if to declare that the actions that were about to follow were completely intentional. My wisdom teeth were removed this week. I woke up from the Anastasia crying. Still can't remember what I was thinking about that had triggered such an emotional reaction. Maybe I don't want to know. Maybe we forget things for our own good. We can subconsciously construct false memory the way we want it. We can probably forget things the same way. Holy crap. Can a person's subconscious be smarter then the person? Can a subconscious control a person despite-......Grilled shrimp shish kabobs.